Terms & Conditions
For complete clarity we display our most relevant Terms and Conditions on the Instruction Form, but please see below for our full list.
We are Extension Drawings Ltd a company registered in England and Wales under number 11654840, whose registered office is at 5 Great Farley Drive, Birmingham, West Midlands, B31 5HG. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and our telephone number is 07708868612.
You can only purchase the Services from this Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old. The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
'Total Fee' means the total fee referenced on the Invoice sent out to you via email.
'Unlimited Design Changes' means you have 28 days from our receipt of the total fee to request any design changes you require within the agreed scope of works.
Any bespoke quotation given is valid for 3 months.
The fees referenced as 'fixed' remain as stated unless you are outside of our standard operating area, which is defined as a driving time of 45 minutes or less one way from our offices (B31 5HG). If you are outside of this area, we may increase the fee to cover the additional driving time and mileage. This will be included in the fee quoted to you from the outset for transparency.
We will always be clear and upfront with you, and we do require you to agree to proceeding with the service before we can come out and visit your property. We require the Instruction to Proceed Form to be signed on the day but we will only ask for the full service fee once the existing drawings (how the house looks before design works) have been sent to you. This ensures you can see the quality of our work before paying the full service fee.
When signing the Instruction to Proceed Form, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions with Extension Drawings Ltd: -
1. You agree that your contact details shown in this form are correct and you understand we will send all documentation / drawings through the email address you have provided.
2. The total fee shall become payable within 7 days of Extension Drawings Ltd issuing the Existing Drawings (plans and elevations showing how the property appears before design works are shown). They will be issued in electronic PDF format via email to the email address shown in this document.
3. If the total fee is not received within the 7 days, then Extension Drawings Ltd reserves the right to cancel the project. A cancelled project shall incur our cancellation fee (see Clause 7).
4. The design proposal shall only be started once the total fee is settled (see Clause 2 for definition).
5. Upon receipt of the total fee, you have 28 days from that date to request any design changes you require within the agreed scope of works.
6. The agreed scope of works is to carry out the design described on the Instruction to Proceed Form, suitable for validation of a Planning Application or Lawful Development Certificate submission.
7. You have the right to cancel this agreement within 14 days, but a cancellation fee totaling either £250.00 for a ground floor survey, or £350 for a two storey survey is applicable within 7 days of cancellation for the production of customised goods (Existing Drawings for your property).
8. The design proposal shall be classed as finalised once you agree it is ready for submission to the Council. Any design work required after this point will incur reasonable additional fees, agreed in writing prior to commencement. A reasonable fee will be within the range of £50.00 to £400.00.
9. Fees by third parties, such as Council Planning Applications, Lawful Development Certificates, Specialist Surveys or Reports are not included and shall be paid directly to the third party by the customer.
10. If the Planning Department require changes to the application drawings, then additional fees will be required in accordance with Clause 8.
11. The Phase 1 & 2 drawings / content which Extension Drawings Ltd produce are suitable for planning submission purposes only. An additional fee can be paid for Phase 3 drawings, which are suitable for Building Regulations Submission.
12. If you receive Planning Permission or a Lawful Development Certificate, then we offer to upgrade your drawings to phase 3 for an additional fee, so they are suitable for Building Regulations approval and a Build-over agreement if required. This service is carried out with our Partner 'Regulations Plans'. These drawings go into more technical detail to allow your Council's Building Control to approve the details. Council and Build Over fees are not included. Structural Calculations are not included but they can obtain a quote for them to be produced.
13. Two sets of the drawings approved by the Council shall be posted out to you at A1 & A3 size free of charge. If additional hardcopy sets are sought, there will be an additional payment of £30.00 per set.
14. With regards to works completed under a Building Notice, Contractors must verify all dimensions on site before commencing works.
15. Any persons / company that uses drawings / content by Extension Drawings Ltd must verify all dimensions on site before commencing works.
16. © All Rights Reserved. Extension Drawings Ltd will keep all rights to any drawings / documents / designs (material) it produces. If this is deemed to be breached then we will cancel your project (see Clause 7).
17. General Data Protection Regulation. We will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure. Unless you agree in writing, we will only share your personal data (Name, Address, Telephone Number, Email Address, survey photos / dimensions) in our role as your Agent with the Planning Department / Building Control. We will hold this data in our records for a period of 3 years, after which it shall be deleted. We consider this retention period reasonable as it matches the duration of your planning permission, as you may require us to renew the application. If you would prefer us to remove your details sooner, please confirm this in writing.
Fill out this form
We cover these areas: -
If you're outside this area we may still be able to accommodate you, simply contact us to find out more.
Check out our Video Below!